Friday, February 12, 2016

Top 5 tv shows


Hannibal

My absolute favourite! I could talk about it for days but here is a short version. I saw the movie, Silence of the lambs, when I was in ground school and for some strange reason I liked and fantasised about the relationship between Dr Lector and Claris. I was, of course, blown away by the acting, both Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster were brilliant. Part that always gives me the goosebumps is when Dr Lector is standing in his cell waiting for Claris. He is dangerously intelligent, powerful and charming. 

When I heard of the show Hannibal I was sure I wouldn’t like it, because nobody can play the Lector role better, but also interested to see more. It must have been hard to find the right man for the job but Mads Mikkelsen did it. I love the way he is dressed, very Italian. But what I love the most are his facial expressions. Especially in one of the scenes where he is in session with Mason, you can see his twisted mind without him saying a word. The show is much more graphic than the movie, but for the Lector fans is a real treat!



Modern family

Very different from the previous one :D It is definitely not one of my favourite shows ever, in fact, the only reason I watch is because of Cam. I think he is hilarious and always makes me laugh!



Orphan black

This one was recommended to me by a friend. There’s not much I can say about it without discovering what it’s actually about. But it begins with a girl on a train station watching “herself” committing suicide. Interesting storyline and good acting.



Game of thrones

There are so many characters in this show and so much happening! Before every new season I have to read about what I already saw, just to be able to keep up. Everything about this show is very well thought through and it’s diffidently something I look forward to!



Sherlock Holmes


Just like with Hannibal, I didn’t think someone could play the Sherlock roll as good as Jeremy Brett but Benedict Cumberbatch did it. I love that each episode is longer than any regular show, so it’s almost like watching a movie. The old show can be a bit old so this is a great modern update!


M

No comments:

Post a Comment