Saturday, July 1, 2017

Last day in London







We started the morning with a proper British breakfast. This was too much food too early and since we had a long day of walking and sightseeing ahead, I had to get over my food coma quickly. :D 

Morning light.

On the way.

First stop-Tower bridge.


And of course, Tower of London. 


I don’t like guided tours but here we kind of made an impulse decision to go with it. And it actually wasn’t bad! Our guide was a member of the queen’s guard and he had a lot of frightening stories about this place. 


Up until university I was obsessed with history and I especially loved reading about Henry VIII. What is fascinating to me, I guess, is to see how having so much power and freedom affects a person and what becomes of it. 



Early dinner at Jamies. 



As a starter I had a simple truffle pasta.



And for the main-pesto, ricotta and garlic pasta. Perfect for spring-creamy but light. I have a similar recipe here




Evening light. 




M

No comments:

Post a Comment