Friday, January 6, 2017

Christmas Eve in pictures


Finally, I am getting around and posting pictures from Christmas Eve. Swedish celebrate 24. and so we always spend the day with our Swedish side of the family. Tomorrow is Orthodox Christmas which we celebrate with our Serbian side of the family. This means that holiday season is longer and I love it! This is how I start morning of the first Christmas Eve, with eggs, caviar and dried fruit. Love the combination of creamy eggs and salty caviar!


Santa knows ;) 




             I buy new piece of make up every 3 years and now it was that time :D I wanted an almost matte dark red lipstick for holidays and found one at NYX. I love their lip products. This lipstick feels light and creamy and it stayed in place even though I haven’t used any lip liner. 


Just before 2pm we arrived at my father in laws where we have spent the rest of the day. Can you tell he loves Christmas?! :D



When it comes to Swedish Christmas food I think starters are my favourite. Besides eggs and caviar there are seafood salads, herring with mustard or onion… 

At 3pm starts Kalle Anka, which is an hour long show made out of clips from Disney movies. This is a tradition at Christmas Eve and the whole country is watching. 



Time for the main course which is mostly meat and potatoes in various forms. 



Lastly, we ended the feast with crackers and cheeses. My father in law is the one who loves cheeses and buys all the different kinds. I am not a big fan but I think it’s fun to try.  



 Just about when we finished eating Santa arrived-perfect timing! :D



We ended the evening at our place watching some Netflix. I craved nuts but didn’t have the proper nutcracker so I ended up using a hammer. It did a great job btw! LOL



M

No comments:

Post a Comment