Friday, June 3, 2016

Shirakawa-go


Fresh pastry for breakfast. I have no idea what it was though. :D The pink top layer was sweet and I guess the filling was potatoes or apples.

After a couple of hours we arrived to the village and I fell instantly in love.


The village lies beneath the mountains surrounding it from all the sides. On the highest peaks there is still snow. Because the houses are built of wood they blend in the environment.
Back to the room just before dinner.


Details.







This meal was made with the food grown locally and was one of the best I had in Japan. I didn’t recognise all the ingredients but it all felt very light and healthy. Mostly vegetables, fish and tofu.

Because the walls of the house are so thin it gets cold during the night so we slept with thick covers, listening to the river floating by. 




M

No comments:

Post a Comment