Thursday, March 24, 2016

Kikunoi




        It might have come across in this blog how much I love food, especially Italian (thank you dad!)! My favourite style restaurants are small, trattoria like, with simple and good food. Having said that, sometimes I like to go to a ‘nicer’ restaurant. Not my husband though :D 






Here comes a bit of justifying of my decision… I did a research about this restaurant, the chef/owner and was really impressed with how much love and knowledge he was talking about food. A couple of months before our arrival we made a reservation at one of his Michelin star restaurants and I was really looking forward to the evening!




        I very much liked the interior of the restaurant, serving dishes and the way food was presented. 






Dinner had around 10 courses and it lasted around 3 hours. 






In most of the courses was daikon, which is a vegetable I don’t like. So imagine sitting for 3 hours, trying to get through dish after dish and most of them have a pretty strong taste of the daikon. After a couple of dishes I was almost afraid to try the new ones but was very happy when we got a break in form of a sorbet followed with simple fish and rice. At that point I even started making fun of the whole situation but in the beginning it was not fun at all! 






Not that I didn’t knew this before, but simple food is the best. I think I’ll stick to it from now on…until the next temptation :D





























M

No comments:

Post a Comment