Tuesday, March 17, 2015

About cooking


Seems like my traveling blog is turning into food one! When I started writing this blog I
started taking more pictures of everyday life, cooking being one of them. I find
it very satisfying, dynamic and creative and I hope it shows in pictures! It is also the way I
enjoy spending time with my family. Many recipes I got from my grandmother and my
mother, that’s how it goes in the family. But as all of us love to cook and experiment each
one is particularly good at certain dishes...this time my grandmother made sataras. It is
perfect spring/summer dish made with sweet colourful peppers and onions. The way I like to
eat it is with soft white serbian bread and some good salty feta cheese. 

M 





Sataras
1 yellow onion
4-6 peppers
1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 tomatoes
2 eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
salt
Cut the onion in slices, peppers and tomatoes in 2cm pieces then garlic as fine as you can.
On a medium-high heat, heat up some olive oil in a pan with high sides, add onion slices and sweat them until soft.

Add peppers and cook until soft, ca 15min.



Add tomatoes and garlic, cook until water from tomatoes disappears.
Beat the eggs then add them to the vegetables while stirring, salt to taste. Turn off the heat and keep stirring on the residual heat until eggs are cooked trough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment